Monday, May 28, 2012

Memories

This is going to be a short post. But because of what day it is I want to take a short moment to pause and remember some people.

SGT Michael K. Clark-KIA 7 OCT 2008. SGT Clark was in Mosul, Iraq with me and was KIA why entering a known enemy building. SGT Clark was 13F just like me, we weren't very close but he is still a brother to me.

SFC Donald Hitchcock "Hitch"- Although he didn't die in combat, he is a combat veteran and I served with him for a short time at Buckley AFB. SFC Hitch was a close friend and a hard loss. He would always bring a smile to your face no matter how bad your day was. Hitch, love you and miss you man.

Click here to see a video of five soldiers lost in one blast. They were also in my battalion in Mosul.

Grampy Earl Packard, I don't remember his rank but he served overseas in WW2. He didn't die in combat, he came back from the war and lived until he was 89. He died this past February, his loss is still felt today. Love you grampy.

Papa Donald Pomelow, served in the Army during the Korean war. Died in 2010, love you Papa.

I would also like to take a moment and recognize one of my brothers who is overseas right now. SGT Joshua Griffin. Please keep him in your prayers along with his wife Kalyn and their baby yet to be born.

There are plenty of others who need to be remembered. These are just a few that I knew. Remember those who served and are serving today.

No comments:

Post a Comment